Regional Office Accountant
Bosch Projects East London: Regional Office Accountant
Reference number: [REF: BPEL.ROA.04.21]
Closing Date: 17:00 on 18 May 2021
Bosch Projects, a Level 2 BBBEE certified company and a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings group of companies, founded in 1961, has an opportunity for a Regional Office Accountant. This position will be based in East London and will report directly to the Regional Director.
- Compilation and analysis of monthly reporting pack (including forecasting, cash flow, KPI’s, income statement etc.);
- Processing all necessary transactions to ensure the General Ledger accounts are valid, accurate and complete;
- Compilation of general ledger reconciliations to support integrity of accounts;
- Full accounting function, up to and including Trial Balance (this includes passing of journals, accruals, prepayments, inter-company and intra-profit center transactions, cost allocations supplied by Central Finance Team etc.)
- Cash flow forecasts;
- Fixed Asset Reporting, including recording of transactions, tagging, verification, valuation etc.
- Compliance with Bosch Central Finance Team controls and reporting requirements;
- Financial analysis support to the Regional Office Director;
- Review and analysis of all Project related financial data submitted by Project Managers e.g. actual and forecasted costs, revenue and profits, retention releases, debtor recoverability, probable’s etc.
- Debtor follow-up / liaison / relationship building with clients’ financial departments to resolve debtor queries and promote Bosch Projects in terms of business development
- Liaison with local audit team and/or submission to Central Team auditors;
- If required: Approving, loading and releasing of payments on Standard bank, as well as the Petty-cash function.
- Any other finance related function, as and when required.
- A relevant tertiary qualification i.e. BCom-Financial Accounting, Management Accounts
- Experience in a project costing environment (added advantage)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to work independently, with remote support from Finance and Accounts Division in Durban
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Flexibility and willing to participate in various areas of the finance function
- Ability to streamline processes, meet deadlines and be results driven.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.